Re: [Duplicity-talk] erroneous incrementals? verify failing? everything

From: Josh
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] erroneous incrementals? verify failing? everything else seems okay?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:52:13 -0500

I think you misunderstood, I am currently at;

Ubuntu version 8.04.2
duplicity version 0.5.12
boto version 1.6a

boto-1.6a.tar.gz
-------------
This communication (with attachments) is covered by the U.S.C. Sec. 2510-252, is confidential, and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, notify us immediately, return the document(s), and destroy all copies of the original message.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:
Josh wrote:
> I recently installed the latest version of duplicity and boto on Ubuntu
> 8.04LTS. I ran a full backup for a directory containing all my family
> photos and it was uploaded to Amazon S3. Everything seems fine as
> depicted by the output below;

The version in 8.04 is horribly old, 0.4.10 compared to current 0.5.12.
 There have been literally dozens of upgrades since then.  I would
suggest going to http://duplicity.nongnu.org/ and installing the most
recent version, then trying the verify.

...Thanks,