[Duplicity-talk] Deletion of old backup sets

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Deletion of old backup sets
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:37:35 +0100

Hello,

I'm using duplicity called from cron to backup my server data each night to another server using SSH.

There are backup set(s) at time(s):
Wed Jan  7 12:39:09 2009
[... virtually every day between these dates ...]
Thu Feb 12 06:26:14 2009
Which can't be deleted because newer sets depend on them.
No old backup sets found, nothing deleted.

For removal duplicity is called: duplicity remove-older-than 1M $TARGET/home

Does the message means that the entire backup set is not deleted? Thus if a set contains one file which has not been changed, the entire set won't be deleted? I rather thought that only the files which newer sets depend on are kept not the entire set.

Thanks,

Florian