Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Duplicity 0.5.10 crashing

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Duplicity 0.5.10 crashing
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:11:38 -0500

address@hidden wrote:

>> GnuPGInterface.py is included in the new version.  I did that since it
>> seems the distro's are not up-to-date.  Even the project source has not
>> been updated yet.
>>

> is it? .. are you sure you put this in changelog, didn't see it ... does
> this mean you integrated a patched version?

Yes, the patched version is in the release and I removed the requirement
from the web page.  I forgot to put it in the notes, except by obliquely
implying it by mentioning the bug fix.

This means that the old "GnuPG failed with a code 131072" has been
replaced by "GnuPG failed with a code 2".  According to all the
workarounds on the discussion groups, the code 2 (missing file) means
that the ~/.gnupg directory has to be created by running gpg first from
the command line.  There's some discussion that this has been fixed in
version 2.x of gpg, but for some reason all the distro's seem to be
stuck at 1.x.

For those of you that wonder how 131072 could become 2, here's the
answer... First you start off with a missing file (errno 2) which is
stored in the leftmost byte on return making it 0x0200.  It's returned
that way to GnuPGInterface and shifted left(!), making it 0x020000, or
131072 (totally unknown).  If they had taken the 0x0200 and shifted it
right, then the result would be 2 (missing file), so the only real fix
in GnuPGInterface was to change << to >> in line 639.