Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 4.2.1 on CentOS 4.7 causing resource sho

From: Douglas Muth
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 4.2.1 on CentOS 4.7 causing resource shortage on VPS
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 11:34:54 -0500

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Marcus Clements
<address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]

> Target filesystem is a shared webspace provided by Dreamhosters which
> seems to be ext3

[snip]

I hate to bash someone you're doing business with, but Dreamhost may
be part of the problem.  Back when I did business with them, their SAN
lagged on a near daily basis.  It was so bad, that I'd regularly see
load averages over *200*.

You may want to try backing up to a different destination and see what
happens.  Maybe get a cheap VPS from Linode or Slicehost and try using
that as a target for awhile?

-- Doug