[Duplicity-talk] performance issues

From: Rashmi Jha
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] performance issues
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:48:55 -0500

Hi

I have a cron set up to do the backup on local and a remote server. The total file size is 20GB. The breakup is like one big database file of size 15GB and the rest are small files totalling to 5 GB.
The remote backup took like 12 hrs to finish. And the local seems to be taking the same amount of time. While the  backup is taking place, I see duplicity using 99% cpu through out. And this concerns me. The total backup time for the backup to local and remote is like 25 hrs. Should the remote and local  take same time? Shouldn't the local take less time? The total no of volumes processed  for each location is 123. Is there a way, such that for backup at two locations, the volumes don't need to get processed again. Also if u could give some other suggestions to improve performance. I really need it asap.

Thanks