[Duplicity-talk] Manifests from incrementals

From: Marcus Williams
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Manifests from incrementals
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:04:51 +0000

Hi -

I was going to write a simple tool to pull the information of what files (I realise these are deltas, not full files) got backed up from an incremental. Looking at the manifest files it looks like the information is there, but is there any documentation about the sigtar format? Gunzipping and piping through tar gets me the list but I dont know what can appear as the first "directory" name - so far I've seen snapshot, deleted, signature. Looking at the duplicity docs about a new tar format it looks like duplicity uses this directory name as metadata. Is there a full list of what can appear here somewhere?

Thanks

Marcus