Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity reporting _librsync import error on windo

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity reporting _librsync import error on windows
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:13:52 -0600

Rashmi Jha wrote:
> I m trying to install duplicity on windows using cygwin. I installed
> librsync and duplicity  from their tar files and they seem to be
> installing fine. But when I try to run duplicity, I get an import error
> for _librsync module. I see _librsync.dll under
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity but somehow python is not
>
> Any help is appreciated. I really want this to be working.

You need to run 'python setup.py install' in the duplicity directory to
get duplicity installed.  That will compile the librsync module for the
version of Python you're running.

The README file has further information on other packages needed.  If
you're trying to install on Vista, write it up if you make it.  I've
never been able to get cygwin to work on Vista, so I can't even test to
see if duplicity works there.