Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: destination folder creation

From: Jacob
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: destination folder creation
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:01:24 -0500

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:32:56 +0100
address@hidden wrote:

> this reminded me that I wanted to file a feature request on that matter ....
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?106636
> .. done, may be some kind soul finds time for it ..

To accomplish this feature without having explicit duplicity support, you'd
have to write some kind of script that parses duplicity output and caches it in
an index, or reads the volumes' table of contents (I/O heavy?) to generate the
index. With that index, it would be very easy to look up specific files and
their versions times.

Unfortunately I do not have the time presently to write such a script. However,
it does not appear to be too difficult to write, so I might get around to it
eventually...

--
    Jacob

    "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
    from the beginning of the world until now—and never
    to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
    short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
    elect those days will be shortened."

    Are you ready?