Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem Installing 0.5.08

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem Installing 0.5.08
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:33:03 +0100

I do have both those installed and I can compile 0.5.08 with no errors. However, that does give me a clue. I am having a couple of other package problems and I suspect something ha got messed up. I'll do some more digging. However, I must remember to stop before the hole gets too big:)

Fixed now. Somehow the pexpect and librsync packages had become uninstalled, even though I didn't un-install them. What was particularly baffling was that I could install 0.5.05, even after a make clean and it still worked, despite the missing packages.

well librsync can be deinstalled once duplicity is installed and the setup had compiled its python module .. duplicity works fine then

for pexpect I am not sure of this .. as far as I understand the pexpect executable is needed for the ssh backend ... but others may correct me here

regards ede
ftplicity.sourceforge.net