Re: [Duplicity-talk] commandline passwd not working

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] commandline passwd not working
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 06:33:29 -0600

Rashmi Jha wrote:
> Hi
>
> Using password commandline as in the below case does not work. It gives
> an invalid password and keeps retrying although the password "pass" is
> valid. It works if I setup ssh keys, but I would like to specify the
> password commandline without a prompt for it.
>
> duplicity /var/opt     scp://user:address@hidden//var/backup

Hi,

Use 'duplicity --ssh-askpass /var/opt ...' and it should work.

Yes, this is a bug.  SSH is not normally used with passwords, so
duplicity defaults to not asking.  The side-effect of not asking is that
it does not look to see if one has been supplied on the command line.
It should check that in all cases.

If you would submit a bug report on this, I would appreciate it.

...Thanks,