Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.5.06 "manifests not equal because different volum

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.5.06 "manifests not equal because different volume numbers" ??
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:57:18 -0600

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> Simon Blandford wrote:
>> I am also getting this issue. I get it when using an archive-dir when I
>> do an incremental backup. I will try and get some debug info as soon as
>> I get time. I found I couldn't run duplicity without specifying the
>> archive-dir option any more, I got another error, so for now I just
>> delete the contents of the directory before each run. Obviously this is
>> sub-optimal but I am waiting for a time-window when I can look into it
>> more deeply and report exactly what is happening.
>
> OK, I can reproduce it now.
>
> It has something to do with using --encrypt-key and --archive-dir
> together.  Works great with one but not the other.  Will chase it.

Fixed.  In order to compare manifests it had to decrypt the remote
manifest and was not asking for a password.  This led to the decrypt
failing and no volumes found in the remote manifest, thus not equal.

See https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?25331 and apply the patch
found there for a fix.

...Thanks,