Re: [Duplicity-talk] Just starting with duplicity

From: Joshua Bacher
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Just starting with duplicity
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:34:10 +0100

Hey Dan,

> hello all, i'm a first timer on more than one level but am a quick study.
> my ftp server of choice uses this url format:
>
> ftp://address@hidden@ftp.ooo-o.com
>
> i can make my other ftp locations work that have the simple
> address@hidden format but not this one.

why would you use the first one? just use
address@hidden
instead of
ftp://address@hidden
I think that putting ,,ftp://'' in the front is just useful if your
client needs to be forced to use the right protocol (ftp in this case).
Since duplicity uses ncftp, i think you don't need to add the additional

hope this helps.

josh