[Duplicity-talk] I get message "DeprecationWarning: the sha module is de

From: Dieter Bloms
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] I get message "DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib" when executing duplicity
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 22:26:34 +0100

Hi,

I use openSUSE 11.1 and get the follwoing waring when starting
duplicity:

--snip--
video:~ # duplicity --version
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/gpg.py:23: DeprecationWarning:
the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
  import select, os, sys, thread, sha, md5, types, cStringIO, tempfile, re, gzip
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/gpg.py:23: DeprecationWarning:
the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  import select, os, sys, thread, sha, md5, types, cStringIO, tempfile, re, gzip
duplicity 0.5.05
--snip--

I tried to import hashlib instead of sha and md5 module, but it doesn't
work:

--snip--
Last full backup date: Sat Dec 27 00:10:02 2008

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 579, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 573, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 565, in main
    incremental_backup(sig_chain)
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 271, in incremental_backup
    bytes_written = write_multivol("inc", tarblock_iter,
globals.backend)
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 157, in write_multivol
    vi.set_hash("SHA1", gpg.get_hash("SHA1", tdp))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/gpg.py", line
307, in get_hash
    hash_obj = sha.new()
NameError: global name 'sha' is not defined
--snip--

I use duplicity 0.5.05

I don't have any skills about python, so maybe someone will make a
little patch to fit the future python releases.

Thank you.

--
Regards

  Dieter