Re: [Duplicity-talk] Incremental backup: too many arguments

From: Robin Smidsrød
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Incremental backup: too many arguments
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 08:38:47 +0100

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
It's a very old version of duplicity, before 0.4.4.  You need to upgrade
to the latest version, 0.5.03.  The prior versions used options for
commands, i.e. --full instead of full.
You can upgrade easily in Debian/Ubuntu machines by using my automated build script:

http://files.smidsrod.no/build_duplicity.sh.txt

Just remember to aptitude update before running the script.

BTW: I've noticed that there is some oddity in the Ubuntu distribution upgrade scripts, so I would suggest that you uninstall duplicity and python-pexpect (using aptitude/apt-get) before installing these versions from source. It confused the upgrade-tool for me (something about not being able to remove a python dir because it had files in it or something, can't remember the message right now).

BTW2: I don't think it's possible to run this script as a normal user, you probably need to be root.

Ken: You're welcome to put it in the contributions page and/or in the contrib dir in duplicity itself. Use same license as duplicity. Just remember attribution. :)

-- Robin