Re: [Duplicity-talk] Incremental backup: too many arguments

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Incremental backup: too many arguments
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:04:15 -0600

Boudewijn Ector wrote:
> Jacob wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 00:06:08 +0100
>> Boudewijn Ector <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> duplicity incremental /var/test ftp://address@hidden//
>> Some real output (preferably with -v9 option added) would be very handy.
>

> calzone:~/duplicity# duplicity incremental -v9 /var/test
> ftp://address@hidden//
> Command line error: Too many arguments
> See the duplicity manual page for instructions
>

>>> Another small question: Where does duplicity put the temporary files? I
>>> don't mind duplicity using some space, but I'm running multiple
>>> instances of duplicity possibly (!) at once.
>> As long as you're not backing up to the same remote location, you're fine.
>> All temporary files are put into /tmp/duplicity-{random characters specific
>> to a duplicity PID}-tempdir/ (at least, that's what I see on my system).
>

> Okay I even got different FTP users.
>

> It's the latest duplicity from debian stable btw.

It's a very old version of duplicity, before 0.4.4.  You need to upgrade
to the latest version, 0.5.03.  The prior versions used options for
commands, i.e. --full instead of full.

Upgrade is available at http://duplicity.nongnu.org/.  See the CHANGELOG
link to see how much has been changed since then.  Its a fair amount.