Re: [Duplicity-talk] Incremental backup: too many arguments

From: Jacob
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Incremental backup: too many arguments
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:57:40 -0500

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 00:06:08 +0100
Boudewijn Ector <address@hidden> wrote:

> duplicity incremental /var/test ftp://address@hidden//

Some real output (preferably with -v9 option added) would be very handy.

> Another small question: Where does duplicity put the temporary files? I
> don't mind duplicity using some space, but I'm running multiple
> instances of duplicity possibly (!) at once.

As long as you're not backing up to the same remote location, you're fine. All
temporary files are put into /tmp/duplicity-{random characters specific to a
duplicity PID}-tempdir/ (at least, that's what I see on my system).

--
    Jacob

    "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
    from the beginning of the world until now—and never
    to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
    short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
    elect those days will be shortened."

    Are you ready?