Re: [Duplicity-talk] Deja Dup for Windows?

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Deja Dup for Windows?
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:11:57 -0500

Hello, Gabriel!

This mailing list is more for duplicity.  Questions about Déjà Dup
might be better filed at https://answers.launchpad.net/deja-dup

But since we're here: I'm the author of Déjà Dup, and there would be a
few problems with a Windows port.  I'd love to see it myself, but my
focus has been on integrating well into GNOME.

It uses some GNOME libraries that I'm not sure are available on
Windows (gnome-keyring) and in the development version of Déjà Dup, it
uses XDG autostarting which would work a different way on Windows.

So, while yes it would be possible, it would take some effort to
#ifdef the various Unix specific bits and replace them with Windows
alternatives.  It's not been high on my list so far.

However, duplicity itself runs great on Windows, I hear.  Just running
that on the command line might be all you need?

-mt