Re: [Duplicity-talk] timeouts on S3 backups

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] timeouts on S3 backups
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:28:20 +0100 (BST)

> I'm getting pretty frequent errors on cron'd backups to S3, although
> sometimes it succeeds. Running the script from SSH sometimes works, sometimes
> doesn't. I can't see
> a pattern, or even whether the problem is duplicity, python, boto or S3.
>
> Suggestions?

What versions of duplicity and boto do you have? I'm running boto-1.4c and
duplicity-0.5.02 which
seem to be the latest of both.

Also, try addine a --timeout value to duplicity.

There have been (from reading the S3 section on the duplicity man page) issues
with bucket
creation delays etc that this can help with.

In any case, a timeout should help on a slow link.

Does anyone know if we can use --timeout=0 to wait for ever?? That would be
very handy.

Rich.