Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Developers: backend source re-organization

From: Jacob
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Developers: backend source re-organization
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:43:45 -0400

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 09:30:58 -0500
Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can test the current Webdav and the Amazon S3 module.  I have no means
> to test HSI or non-Amazon S3 protocols, so help will be needed there.  I
> also do not have access to some of the more problematic FTP sites that
> are out there, so this is a call for testers, please.

Tested successfully. I used 0.4.9 and CVS on the same data, different remote
FTP folders, same FTP server. If you recall, I had trouble with FTP protocol
compatibility a while back. Anyway, it worked.

I did a restore in both versions on their own folders, and diff says they both
produced equal folder and file contents.

I used the following script to do the backups in CVS (the 0.4.9 version just
lacked the PYTHONPATH bit):

#!/bin/bash
PYTHONPATH=`pwd` duplicity $1 -v9 \
--exclude "/home/jacob/.azureus/torrents/**" \
--exclude "/home/jacob/.epsxe" \
--exclude "/home/jacob/.vendetta" \
--exclude "/home/jacob/.wine" \
--exclude "/home/jacob/.feeded/vids" \
--exclude "/home/jacob/Documents/Personal/Music" \
--exclude "**.iso" \
--exclude "/home/jacob/.VirtualBox" \
/home/jacob ftp://address@hidden/store/backup_TESTING/gentoo-2007.0/home-jacob

None of the excludes were backed up, as desired.

Success!