Re: [Duplicity-talk] Error while backing up, Any ideas?

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Error while backing up, Any ideas?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:00:45 +0200

>      raise ExceptionPexpect('Error! pty.fork() failed: ' + str(e))
> pexpect.ExceptionPexpect: Error! pty.fork() failed: out of pty devices

Well, you're out of pty devices. Unless duplicity is doing something very bad
in the past to cause this, this would indicate some problemon the system
(e.h. som tunable too low; something else eting pty devices...).

This is assuming the error message is valid (I did not check the pexpect
source).

I'm not sure off the top of my head what, if any, limitations there are on
ptys in modern Linux kernels.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'