Re: [Duplicity-talk] IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

From: Marius Scurtescu
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 19:12:38 -0700

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Jon Watson <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Marius Scurtescu
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 4:08 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > I'm curious as to the command you invoked it with?
>> >
>> > Apologies for top posting. Blackberries insist on it.
>>
>> duplicity incr --full-if-older-than 7D --include-filelist
>> /backup/duplicity/filelist --archive-dir /backup/duplicity/archive
>> --no-encryption --short-filenames --tempdir /backup/duplicity/tmp
>> --volsize 1024 / $FTP_URL
>
> I assume this command is from a script. If you paste this, but with the
> actual $FTP_URL, into the command line, does it work? I see nothing obvious
> wrong with the invocation and the only thing I can't see is the value of
> $FTP_URL.

The $FTP_URL is perfectly fine. Duplicity run for 5 hours (that's a
separate question, why is it so slow) before it died. During these 5
hours it did upload 27 volumes, so it connect fine to the FTP server.

I can try running this command outside the script and leave it
overnight, see what happens.

The other strange thing is that both the archive and the tmp folders
were empty at the end.

Would this error occur of the FTP server dropped the connection for some reason?

Thanks,
Marius