Re: [Duplicity-talk] Colons in the file names causing problems, --time-s

From: Olivier Croquette
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Colons in the file names causing problems, --time-separator
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 13:46:43 +0200

Kenneth Loafman wrote, On 21/05/08 13:25:
Does it mean that it's possible to change the separator at any time,
without breaking past backups?

No, the next backup you do will be forced to be a full backup because it
can no longer find the previous backups.  Try to schedule the change for
when you want to do your next full backup.

Thanks Ken!
I assume that my old backups based on the other naming scheme will still be available, ie. for restore and other commands. Is that correct?