[Duplicity-talk] No module named duplicity

From: Craig Burton
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] No module named duplicity
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:10:29 +1000

Dear folks,
I am a noob to duplicity and my limited *nix skills can't quite get me
over the following, which actually does not look like a duplicity
problem per se.  I am using cygwin. When I go to run duplicity with my
own version of the demo command

$ duplicity /cygdrive/t/LocalMail/ scp://address@hidden:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 29, in <module>
    from duplicity import collections, commandline, diffdir, dup_temp, \
ImportError: No module named duplicity
$ python --version
Python 2.5.1
$ env | grep PY
PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.5/
$ find /usr | grep duplicity | wc -l
55

Duplicity seems to be installed in site-packages.  I have tried hiding
the .pyc files in case this is a python version problem (was suggested
somewhere). I have set several PYTHONPATH variants.
I have run the various python setup commands and poked around the
system.  I am guessing one of the paths is wrong.  Any guidance you can
provide would be great,
Cheers,
Craig.