Re: [Duplicity-talk] S3 restore = No backup chains found

From: Travis Bell
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] S3 restore = No backup chains found
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:38:42 +1000

Hey guys,

Was the info I gave in my follow up email what you were looking for? Wasn't 100% sure...

--
Travis Bell

On Apr 11, 2008, at 11:18 PM, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
Travis Bell wrote:
Hey guys,

I have been using Duplicity to backup multiple servers to Amazon's S3
and it works great (really great!) I am running into a problem when
attempting to restore directories though (using the --file-to-restore
works fine, I should mention.)

Using the following command:

duplicity --no-encryption s3+http://bucket/path/to/folder /restore/folder

Results in the following error:

------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 463, in <module>
   with_tempdir(main)
 File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 458, in with_tempdir
   fn()
 File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 428, in main
   restore(col_stats)
 File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 206, in restore
   restore_get_patched_rop_iter(col_stats)):
 File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 221, in restore_get_patched_rop_iter
   backup_chain = col_stats.get_backup_chain_at_time(time)
 File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/collections.py", line
717, in get_backup_chain_at_time
   raise CollectionsError("No backup chains found")
duplicity.collections.CollectionsError: No backup chains found
------------

It's similar to the error located at this
thread: http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/duplicity-talk/2008-03/msg00098.html

Do you know what the issue is here with S3? I am using the latest (0.4.10).

The regression tests are running fine.  They do a backup and verify
against S3 and the other protocols along with.  That's not to say
there's no problem, just not one I can reproduce.

Would you mind running this again with -v9 and posting the output from,
and including, the command line to the end of the run.  Sometimes the
item we need to see is the command line itself or at the beginning of
the log.

...Thanks,