Re: [Duplicity-talk] Redirect from duplicity sf site to nongnu site poss

From: Jacob
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Redirect from duplicity sf site to nongnu site possible?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 08:54:14 -0400

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 06:04:28 -0500
Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am thinking of moving duplicity to SourceForge or Launchpad so we can
> have access to bzr or svn rather than cvs, but that is not firm, yet.

I'm in favor of Launchpad. It not only looks better than SourceForge, but makes
much more sense. The bug reporting is a big strength, as it is not ominous for
the new user, and it provides numerous options to neatly organize bugs. It also
provides Bazaar, which is superior to SVN and CVS in my humble opinion.

SourceForge, on the other hand, is as confusing for the administrator as it is
for the end-user. I've used it for one of my projects, and, even though I
figured out all the services and got everything set up to perfection (i.e. I
gave it a full, fair go) I'm not sure I'd use it again.