Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Macports & Duplicity 0.4.10

From: Darik Horn
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Macports & Duplicity 0.4.10
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:26:47 -0500

> and it was causing regression to break.

On which regression test was it breaking?

I am interested in properly fixing this glitch, but run-all-tests.sh currently reports "OK" for me.

> If you need the prefix to list() the file, then you
> need to add the prefix when you put()/get() the file
> so it will be there when you list it.

The +'d' in list() is used as a filter, so it does not compose a key name. The behavior of file_naming.py should always result in the 'd' appearing in the remote_filename parameter to put() and get().

I added this code primarily to reduce 500 and 503 errors from Amazon S3 on large buckets, and secondarily as a work-around for an early boto bug. The duplicity retry mechanism gets choked when a bucket goes past past 100,000 keys (ish).

Relying on the stable behavior of file_naming.py is unwholesome, but my environment is large enough to need the optimization. (I should have commented it, so my bad.)