[Duplicity-talk] ftp and short filenames prob

From: AJ Weber
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] ftp and short filenames prob
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:17:28 -0400

I have to change my strategy on how I'm doing my LAN-to-WAN backups for bandwidth reasons.

That said, I'm trying to use a local FTP server to host my duplicity (encrypted/signed) files as a staging point, before sync'ing them to a remote server.

I can manually ftp files with "long filenames", but when duplicity uses it as a target, I get these mangled, short filenames that mean nothing to me.  Worse: trying a "list-current-files" after a small sync gives me "Backup source directory list does not exist."  So I can't even verify that it's working properly.

I tried forcing short filenames, but that didn't resolve the issue (I would deal with the mangled target archive-names, but I need to know they're recoverable, and the list... still doesn't work).

Any ideas what to try next?????

Thanks,
AJ