Re: [Duplicity-talk] First full backup has no errors, but --verify does

From: Jacob
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] First full backup has no errors, but --verify does
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:34:35 -0500

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:44:54 -0600
Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Jacob wrote:
> >> What is the name and version of the FTP server running at the host
> >> computer?
> >
> > Pure-FTPd, they said there is no version number.
> >
> > OK, I just ran another backup on a different part of my computer (a part I
> > had planned to back up) with the now-installed v0.4.8. I checked with -V to
> > make sure it was actually using v0.4.8 and it is. However, even then it
> > refuses to verify or even see the backups created.
>
> OK, I just installed pure-ftpd on a test machine (Ubuntu Feisty).  I see
> the problem, but the problem is not in duplicity.  Its something between
> ncftpls and pure-ftp.  If you run
>    'ncftpls ftp://address@hidden/store/backup/home-jacob'
> you will see an empty list and duplicity can't work with that.
>
> OTOH, if you run 'ncftp -u user site.org' and do an ls, it works.  I
> think the problem may be in ncftpls itself.

Thank you so much for your time! I'll report this to either the ncftp folks or
launchpad.net in the meantime and let you know how that goes.

--
    Jacob

    "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
    from the beginning of the world until now—and never
    to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
    short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
    elect those days will be shortened."

    Are you ready?