Re: [Duplicity-talk] Proposal of new feature

From: Olivier Croquette
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Proposal of new feature
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 22:47:50 +0100

Kenneth Loafman wrote, On 2/12/07 22:37:
Duplicity needs the ability to do differential backups, i.e. full
backup of the files that have changed since the last full backup.  It
would still be less than a full backup, so you could do something
like a monthly full backup, weekly differentials, and daily
incrementals.

Yes, that would definitely be a big relief in the cases where you have a lot of data to backup over a slow line (like for a personal offsite backup typically). It took me 10 days to upload my first full backup, I can't really do that even every month :(