[Duplicity-talk] some questions (--remove-than-older, --cleanup, --archi

From: Antony
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] some questions (--remove-than-older, --cleanup, --archive-dir)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 01:14:05 +0700

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure how how to make --remove-older-than and --cleanup option works... duplicity is complaining about an incomplete backup set.

this is my current duplicity command on debian etch...

duplicity --allow-source-mismatch --remove-older-than 2M --cleanup --encrypt-key="xxxxx" [source] [target]

After searching this list I found out that --remove-older-than and --cleanup should be on a separate command.. but I don't know should I use [source] [target] here .. or just [target] ?

I started the backup job without --archive-dir, now after reading about it, I'd like to use it.. can I just put --archive-dir to the command right now?

I'm guessing this is what my final backup commands should be:
duplicity --allow-source-mismatch --archive-dir [dir] --encrypt-key="xxxxxx" [source] [target]
duplicity --allow-source-mismatch --remove-older-than 2M --encrypt-key="xxxxxx" [target]
duplicity --allow-source-mismatch --cleanup --encrypt-key="xxxxxx" [source] [target]

also:
duplicity told me that I need to put --allow-source-mismatch, I did change the target url once.. is there a way to remove this?

Is it ok to run cleanup all the time or just when there is an incomplete backup set ?

I hope it's correct to put all the questions here than to send out more than one postings. Thanks a lot for your time.

rgds,
Antony