Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity - What's Next?

From: Thomas Seliger
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity - What's Next?
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 09:55:28 +0200

Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
Isn't this what --archive-dir is good for? At the very least, --archive-dir works for not downloading signatures when you do incremental backups.

Unfortunately, --archive-dir has some issues imho.

I noticed, that part of the metadata files were not deleted after duplicity cleaned up old backups. Also the
documentation of "--archive-dir" needs an update. Are the sigs kept only locally? Or locally and
remote, but only read from remote when local sigs are not available? I am not sure though, if the newest RC
addresses "--archive-dir". At the moment I am using duplicity without "--archive-dir", it
works great, but in some cases local signatures would speed things up quite a bit.

I dipped into the source, but my Python is still too weak to produce a patch ;)

Kind regards,
Tom