[Duplicity-talk] Re: bug or not: --archive-dir and full backup

From: Jan-Wijbrand Kolman
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Re: bug or not: --archive-dir and full backup
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 19:07:50 +0200

(I tried replying via gmane.org first, but this didn't seem to work.
Hopefully ithe reply will not end up here twice)

Hello,

I was about to ask a similar question...

Thomas Seliger wrote:
snip
> After this duplicity-full-signatures.(full_backup_timestamp).sigtar.gz and
> duplicity-full.(full_backup_timestamp).manifest are located in the local
> archive dir. On the remote side are two files: duplicity-full.*.manifest.gpg
> and duplicity-full.*.vol1.difftar.gpg
>
> Now I am running a incremental backup with:
>
> /usr/bin/duplicity --ssh-options -oPort=10022
> -oIdentityFile=/usr/local/scplicity/conf/id_dsa \
> --archive-dir /usr/local/scplicity/conf \
> --encrypt-key 01234567 --sign-key 01234567 \
> --verbosity 4 --include-globbing-filelist /usr/local/scplicity/conf/include \
> --exclude-globbing-filelist /usr/local/scplicity/conf/exclude / \
> scp://address@hidden//usr/local/scplicity/backupdir/
>
> Everything seems fine until I run an incremental backup again, which runs ok
> but gives me the following message:
>
> Warning, found the following orphaned signature files:
> duplicity-new-signatures.(timestamp_of_first_incremental).sigtar.gpg

It actually was my understanding that, in the presence of
-archive-dir, *no* duplicity-full-signatures.* and
duplicity-new-signatures.* files are written to the backend *at
all*...

In other words, I wanted to ask if this was indeed the intention of
--archive-dir (not to write signature files) and this if the fact
duplicity-new-signatures.* file show up on the remote side is a bug.

Or maybe both Thomas and I do not really understand the --archive-dir option?

kind regards,
jw

--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman