Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity failing during initial full backup over S

From: Kevin Elliott
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity failing during initial full backup over SSH/SCP
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:36:20 -0700

Kevin Elliott wrote:
Adam Wendt wrote:
One idea would be to do a local backup and then scp the files over to
the remote server, that way you can easily just continue with the ones
left over if it fails. Now of course this requires you have enough
space to store the backup on your local server initially.

Adam,

Thank you for the response, this is helpful. I've seen this response once before, but I noticed there was concern about the way the signing works when you make a local backup, and then scp/rsync it over to a remote host as a bootstrap, and then doing incrementals the normal way.

Should I make my backup process always backup locally to preserve proper local signage, and always rsync over ssh the local copy to my remote storage?

Can you provide an example script with options to duplicity to support this?

Adam, or other,

Any further thoughts on my questions above?

Thanks again,

Kevin