Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC11 Ready for Test

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC11 Ready for Test
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 07:30:45 -0500

Ralph Lehmann wrote:
> Kenneth Loafman schrieb:
>> Ralph Lehmann wrote:

>>> Is it planned to migrate duplicity to cygwin on windows? This should not
>>> be a enormous effort, only the ":" in the names of archives have to
>>> replace with an other character. See rdiff-backup. :-)
>> Duplicity should run on cygwin now.  It just needs the --short-filenames
>> option.  There are plans to change the naming convention on the files,
>> but I'm concerned about backwards compatibility with older backups.
>> That could get to be a real hairball.
>
> How about an option like --time-separator='character or string' to
> override the default ':'?

There is already a time-separator variable in globals and its used in
regexes throughout.  The problem is that if you change it, it breaks
something else.  I have not had time to chase down what causes that.

# Character used like the ":" in time strings like
# 2002-08-06T04:22:00-07:00.  The colon isn't good for filenames on
# windows machines.
time_separator = ":"

I believe a previous post had another character as well as the colon
that would cause Windows problems, just can't remember right now.