Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC7 Ready for Test

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC7 Ready for Test
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 06:38:23 -0500

Nicolas Aspert wrote:
Hello

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
Please give this one a good exercise.  I'm not getting much feedback, so
would like to hear how it goes, both good and bad.  We especially need
to test the hsi, s3+http, and webdav protocols.

0.4.3-rc6 works fine (ftp backend).
I'll try 0.4.3-rc7 to see the improvements.

Patch 6032 - Alexander Zangerl <address@hidden>:
a new feature patch: i've recently gotten annoyed with having
gazillions of 5mb files and therefore added a --volsize option to
allow the user setting the chunk size. the patch is simple and
contains a manpage update as well.

I'm very interested in the above feature. I suspect it could improves
performance greatly (esp. when doing a full backup of my > 100GB data)

Can I change the chunk size for the next incremental backup (i.e. I
would have incrementals with different chunk sizes) or is it better to
wait for the next full backup ?

You should be able to change it now. I would not suggest too large a chunk size since the processing may take too long and cause timeouts if you're using FTP, but even that would work because we retry immediately.