Re: [Duplicity-talk] Retry on exceptions / different patches/attempts

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Retry on exceptions / different patches/attempts
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 20:19:41 -0500

Neal Clark wrote:
Hi all.

Regarding the SCP patch--I don't know anything about python. I have the following three files on my system:

/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/duplicity/backends.py
/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/duplicity/backends.pyc
/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/duplicity/backends.pyo

Just to be clear, do I have to apply this patch on the source and reinstall, or can I just apply it on 'backends.py'?
The pyc and pyo are optimized versions of the .py (preparsed and otherwise semi-compiled). They won't be used if the .py is newer, so you can apply in-place safely without causing anything other than a slight slowdown at module load time.