Re: [Duplicity-talk] Building duplicity on AMD64 gives error: gcc failed

From: Martin Wuertele
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Building duplicity on AMD64 gives error: gcc failed
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:17:00 +0100

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [2007-01-30 12:47]:

> I used to have duplicity on my 32 bit system and it works great. Now I
> have an AMD64 machine with SuSe and want to install duplicity, but it
> gives an error (full output below).
>
> It says "recompile with -fPIC" and this seem to be a problem with the
> AMD64 architecture. I found some information on the "-fPIC error" at:
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/index.xml?part=1&chap=3

Don't see any problem on 64bit archs which we have for quite some time
in Debian now. I also run duplicity without trouble on my opterons.
Maybe it's a problem with your python installation.

yours Martin
--
http://martin.wuertele.net/ - Debian - OFTC - SPI - address@hidden
<KaiL> susn: koffice ist ein proof-of-concept, aber praktisch nicht