Re: [Duplicity-talk] why pad with incompressible bytes?

From: Oleg O.
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] why pad with incompressible bytes?
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 01:09:40 -0600

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 11:24:46PM -0600, Travis H. wrote:

> I'm actually familiar enough with python (current favorite language)
> and file formats and gpg and compression that I could probably do some
> development work without too much effort.  What are the most desired
> (or requested) features?

I'd like to see these two:

1. Detect file moves.  (So that for example renaming a directory doesn't
cause everything in it to be included in the increment.)

2. Make it usable under Cygwin.  I think all that's needed is a switch to
use some other character in place of ':' in filenames.

Thank you.

  Oleg