Re: [Duplicity-talk] @ symbol in username on ftp connection url

From: Michael Johnson
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] @ symbol in username on ftp connection url
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:16:54 -0400

On Oct 16, 2006, at 11:51 AM, Adam Houston wrote:

Ok, so have been using Duplicity with the ftp backend. Now I have to switch to a different ftp server. The username on the new server has an address@hidden symbol in it and I have no control over this. This makes the connection url something like ftp://address@hidden@ftp.company.com -- I think this is breaking duplicity. I took a look at the backend.py file and it would appear that it won’t parse correctly for this kind of string. I am really not a python programmer but am familiar with a number of other languages.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to handle this situation? I am not familiar with the ftplib so I wanted to check to see if someone was familiar with how the Duplicity code interacted with it before I started trying to change anything.

Try escaping it with a backslash or enclosing that part in quotes.

-Michael

"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea -- massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."
                --spaf (1992)