Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with argument (ssh port)

From: duplicity
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with argument (ssh port)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:25:43 -0600

You probably need to escape the single quotes, since cmd.exe is interpreting them. Try:

duplicity --ssh-command \'ssh -p 49150\' scp://domain.com/public_html /cygdrive/d/BACKUP/danielb

Also, I believe duplicity needs to be run on the machine being backed-up or restored. The syntax above indicates that you want to restore the backup in public_html to the local directory danielb. This may be what you're trying to do, but the folder names make me think otherwise.

  -seren

Nelson Pereira wrote:
Hi all,

I got duplicity to work but the command I need to pass to duplicity is
to access the remote
Site using a different SSH port, 49150.

This is my command :
duplicity --ssh-command 'ssh -p 49150' scp://domain.com/public_html
/cygdrive/d/BACKUP/danielb

It comes back with :
ssh: connect to host domain.com port 22: Connection timed out
Connection closed

It’s still trying to get to port 22 (default SSH port) but I specificly
stated the command to use port 49150.
How come it’s not picking it up?

Regards,
npereira