Re: [Duplicity-talk] remote_maifest problem

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] remote_maifest problem
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 20:18:03 -0500

> >> UnboundLocalError: local variable 'local_manifest' referenced before
> >> assignment

> >> I don't think I am doing this.  I don't specify it in the command, so
> >> unless it's a default setting, it's not done.
> >
> > It looks like this is a duplicity bug, but it may be triggered because
> > there is some corrupted or partial backup set in the repository.  Do
> > you get this error if you backup to a new (empty) directory?
>
> Yes...I created a completely new backup set and empty directory.
> When I ran it on this machine, it failed with the same error.  When I
> ran it on the other machine where duplicity is working, it worked.

There is a typo that this patch fixes:

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/duplicity/duplicity/collections.py?root=duplicity&r1=1.10&r2=1.11&makepatch=1&diff_format=u

However, with this patch rdiff-backup will probably still not work in
that situation.  (It will just exit with a more informative error
message instead of a traceback.)

I'm not sure what is causing the problem.  It seems though that
rdiff-backup is finding some backup set in the repository, but cannot
load the manifest file from that backup set.  You said you get this
when backing up to an empty directory, so I don't know why it thinks
there are existing backup chains.

--
Ben Escoto