[Duplicity-talk] Problem with librsync.so ?

From: Michael Johnson
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with librsync.so ?
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:42:53 -0400

Hi all

It appears I have a problem with my duplicity backup I just tried to run:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 29, in ?
from duplicity import collections, commandline, diffdir, dup_temp, \ File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/duplicity/collections.py", line 22, in ?
    import log, file_naming, path, dup_time, globals, manifest
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/duplicity/path.py", line 27, in ?
    import librsync, log, dup_time
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/duplicity/librsync.py", line 26, in ?
    import _librsync, types, array
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/duplicity/_librsync.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It appears to imply I don't have or it can't read the listed file. However:

address@hidden ~]# cd /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/duplicity/
address@hidden duplicity]# ls -l _librsync.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 8944 Dec 11  2004 _librsync.so

The file is there and is readable and executable by anyone and everyone.

I've run it at root...really root as in "su -" and my gpg-key is set with the PASSPHRASE exported in my bash shell.

I searched the archives and man pages but didn't see anything relevant. Could someone point me to the right place?

-Michael

PS  A similar problem to follow shortly.
O it is excellent to have a giant's strength; but it is tyrannous To use it like a giant.
            --Shakespeare, Measure for Measure, Act II