Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to run duplicity with a Cron Job

From: Peter Spikings
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to run duplicity with a Cron Job
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:01:41 +0000

duplicity reads the passpharse from the PASSPHRASE env variable and only
asks for it when that variable is unset. Modify your cron job as follows:

PASSPHRASE=whatever duplicity --encrypt-key 223221E2 --sign-key 56833F9B
/etc file:///tmp/backup

Peter.

Martin Müller wrote:

Hello!

I just have a little question about how to run duplicity with a cron job.

For the moment I am testing on the same Debian woody R4 System an the result
should be something like:

* 3 * * * duplicity --encrypt-key 223221E2 --sign-key 56833F9B /etc
file:///tmp/backup

But if I give the non Cron part to my remoteshell (ssh) duplicity asks always "GnuPG
passphrase:" and if I enter my GnuPG passphrase it works.

If I don`t - duplicity fails.

How can I tell duplicity this passphrase to work as cron Job?

I´ve also tried

duplicity --encrypt-key 223221E2 /etc file:///tmp/backup

and

duplicity /etc file:///tmp/backup

But there is always the question about the Passphrase.

Duplicity should encrypt with my public key, signing is not high priority but
would be nice, because later on a (not trusted)
Backup host should get the backup per FTP.

Greetings from Germany

Martin