[Duplicity-talk] Comparisons of other backup systems to duplicity and rd

From: scott
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Comparisons of other backup systems to duplicity and rdiff-backup
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:45:17 -0600

While the only backup tool I've used to date is Amanda, I'm prepared to abandon it for a better tool with features more to my liking - open-source, of course. This page: http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/comparison.html By the author of Box Backup, compares that utility with duplicity, rdiff-backup, and a few others. I do like the idea of the encrypted backups that duplicity and Box Backup perform. OTOH, I could create a cron job that uses an encryption tool like openssl to generate encrypted versions of the sensitive files that I want to backup. So many choices ... Does anyone using duplicity or rdiff-backup have some counter-arguments to offer in favor of those utilities? Thanks.
Scott Langley
address@hidden
Systems Administrator
Rural Network Services