[Duplicity-talk] operational questions

From: Eric S. Johansson
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] operational questions
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:04:07 -0400

the hard drive of a friend's machine (MacOS X) died recently. I'm trying to help him figure out ways of setting up collaborative backups. Ideally, something like rdiff-backup would work because we could just keep a running backup of the current state of the machine plus a few weeks worth of reverse deltas for relatively low bandwidth costs. Problem being that the data is in plain text. which drew my attention to duplicity. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that would work in quite the same way.

It appears that duplicity requires the taking of a full backup set periodically to restart the Delta chain if you are going to keep the backups from eating your world. Is this a correct impression?

thanks in advance for your answer

---eric