Re: [Duplicity-talk] Is it OK to remove incrementals via "rm duplicity-i

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Is it OK to remove incrementals via "rm duplicity-inc.*"?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:55:06 -0800

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:44:16 -0600 Rob Browning <address@hidden> wrote:
> I may want to remove the incremental backups from some of my older
> archived duplicity dirs, while keeping the full backup.  Should "rm
> duplicity-inc.*" do that correctly?

I think --remove-older-than won't work, as you noticed.  Removing the
duplicity increment files manually should work, but be careful,
because any signature files will correspond to an increment backup
set, not the full one.  So once you delete all the incremental ones
you can no longer continue adding to that chain.

Someone had a good suggestion a while ago to allow multiple tiers of
backups, but no one has implemented that yet.

--
Ben Escoto