Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity crashes on /proc

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity crashes on /proc
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 12:14:20 -0700

  CS> Hi there, backuping /proc (which might me no good idea at all
  CS> ;)) forces duplicty to crash (at least on my system). I think it
  CS> would make a lot of sence to point on this "bug" in the
  CS> manpage...

Ok, now mentioned in the man page.  I guess it would be nice if
duplicity didn't crash on the /proc file system (rdiff-backup can
handle it), although there is some really weird stuff in there, like a
directory with two files of the exact same name.

Oh, and you shouldn't be backing it up anyway.  Use --exclude /proc.

--
Ben Escoto