Re: [Duplicity-talk] Is duplicity dead?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Is duplicity dead?
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:29:35 -0700

  NA> I have noted that the CVS tree has not been updated in 4 months,
  NA> and my bugs and requests for help have been ignored.

  NA> Is this project dead?  Does anybody out there use duplicity and
  NA> need continuing support?  Perhaps my bug is unique, and other
  NA> people are not having problems?

Hi, sorry to have been AWOL these last few months.  Besides the usual
"real-life" work (scare quotes because I'm a grad student) that kept
me busy, I stopped using duplicity personally because the server where
a friend had given me space to backup was taken offline.  Also, I came
to think that eventually duplicity should abandon the tar format, but
never put together enough time to rewrite it for this.

Anyway, I'm happy to act as a maintainer and will try to answer some
emails and apply patches in a timely fashion, but will not try to fix
every bug.  It may be a while before I get around to adding new
features, for instance betting indexed volumes.  If anyone else wants
to implement any of the good suggestions made on this mailing list, go
ahead.

--
Ben Escoto