dr-geo

Re: [Dr. Geo] Is it possible to get a canvas for a main DrGeo window in

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Dr. Geo] Is it possible to get a canvas for a main DrGeo window in a script?
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 18:54:28 +0100

On Jan 28, 2018 15:49, "Hilaire Fernandes" <address@hidden> wrote:

If I understand correctly what you want to do, you can't.

With scripts from the Dr. Geo main window, you only manipulate *existing*
mathematic items (the model or its costume).

You can not instantiate new item from there, and the workspace canvas
features and its high level API are not accessible either from there.

Ok that is the conclusion I have reached as well by looking at the code.
Very interesting BTW.

Of course hacking is possible, but it will help if you describe what you
want to achieve.

For example I'd like to pick 3 points and make a von Koch put of them. Or a
square and do a pythagore tree.

Vs Geogebra, Dr Geo would be better if it could do that.

I understand what scripts do at this point. So it may be another type of
script or a cross with metaconstruction.

And I would love to be able to reuse turtle graphics from Pen in DrGeo.

Is DrGeo working with 6.1? I see on the repo that one can load it but that
there are canvas issues.

Phil

Hilaire

--