dr-geo

Re: [Dr-geo] Using Qt

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: [Dr-geo] Using Qt
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 10:15:54 +0100

Hi again,

Brandon Invergo <address@hidden> writes:

> In fact, the entire reason that Dr. Geo went unmaintained in the first
> place is that the original author decided to port the codebase to Qt;
> since this was against the coding standards, it was decided that we
> would retain the GTK+ version while the original author continued to
> maintain his Qt version.

I would like to correct myself.  The original author's newer version of
Dr. Geo was *not* re-written using Qt but rather it was re-implemented
in a version of Smalltalk called Pharo.  The end result was the same,
with regards to GNU and maintainership, but I just wanted to clear that
up.

Cheers,
Brandon